Bradley County Fire-Rescue

Shawn Fairbanks

BCFR Headquarters
260 Inman Street
Cleveland, TN 37311

Shawn Fairbanks, Chief


The Bradley County Fire-Rescue was chartered in 1958 and was the primary fire and rescue service for Bradley County. In the early 1970’s, the Cleveland Fire Department became an all-career agency at which time they were contracted to provide fire protection to Bradley County in 1977. The rescue service of the original Bradley County Fire-Rescue continued to provide rescue services to Bradley County and Cleveland, including vehicle extrication, water rescue, and recovery operations.

ISO Class 3


Name Title Email
Shawn Fairbanks Chief 
Jeff Stewart Deputy Chief 2 
Troy Maney Operations Chief 
David Sims Commander Battalion 1 
James Smith Commander Battalion  2 
Johnny Stokes Commander Battalion  3 

Burn Permits

A burn permit is required for residents living in Bradley County from October 15 to May 15. To obtain a burn permit contact the Tennessee Department of Agriculture Forestry Division.

Items Is Item Okay to Burn? Proper Disposal Method
Tires & Other Rubber Products No Counties are required by state law to provide a site for the collection and temporary storage of water tires. Contact the office of your county executive or local solid waste office to learn the location of the waste tire storage site in your county.
Plastics No Plastics should be recycled or can be reused.
Paper Products & Cardboard No Paper, especially newspaper is collected everywhere. It is also suitable for composing.
Paints & Chemicals No Tennessee has a mobile hazardous household waste service that goes from county to county every Saturday from mid-March to mid-November. Farmers bringing pesticide waste to designate collections site for disposal will remain anonymous and will not have to pay a fee for collection or disposal. All Tennessee farmers are eligible to participate.
Aerosol and Food Cans No Contact the local solid waste office or public landfill.
Mobile Homes & Buildings No Contact the local solid waste office or public landfill.
Building Materials No Contact the local solid waste office or public landfill.
Copper & Electrical wires No Metal recyclers accept wire.
Household Trash No Take to local convenience center and/or use a paid collection service.
Leaves & Trees Not Grown at Burn Site No Compost yard trimmings or take to the public landfill. Check your local and/or other state ordinances for further restrictions on the open burning of leaves and trees.
Asphalt Shingles & Oils No Contact the local solid waste office or public landfill. Put your used oil in a clean plastic container with a tight lid. Take your used oil to a service station. Used oil collection centers will collect up to 5 gallons a day from do-it-yourselfers. Call the USED OIL HOTLINE at 1-800-287-9013 for more information.
Fire and Rescue Crew